The Two Main Types Of Garage Doors
Garage doors are one of the most common things that we have to deal with on a daily basis. In essence, a garage door is a big door on a garage that opens manually or by an electric motor.
Garage doors are mostly big enough to facilitate cars and other vehicles. However, while there are large doors, there can be small doors as well. A small garage door is usually made out of a single panel that tilts up and then backs across the usual garage ceiling.
Having said that, garage doors are mostly of two types; wooden garage doors and electric garage doors.
Wooden Garage Doors
One of the most common types of garage doors is wooden garage doors. Wooden garage doors are usually handcrafted from the finest wood species and they are mostly built with pride in the US.
The biggest benefit of having a wooden garage door is that it is sustainable and is built usually with an artistic addition that ends up defining your home.
There are many advantages of having a wooden garage door. Some of these are:
- They are custom built so they can meet the specifications and preferences of any homeowner.
- They can be easily repainted so you can give them a new look with utmost ease.
- They can withstand drastic temperature changes and can, therefore, end up insulating heat and cold.
- Since wood is a natural sound barrier, it will cut down the noise pollution better than the other garage doors, made out of different materials. Therefore, even if you are living in a noisy neighbourhood or are living on busy streets, the wooden garage door will protect the sounds inside out.
- Moreover, wood is a natural renewable resource and therefore, wooden garage doors are very earth friendly.
- Wooden garage doors also don’t crack or dent such as others made out of aluminum or steel, which is nonetheless another advantage of having them simply because they will withstand the test of time.
Electric Garage Doors
Another type of garage doors is the electric garage doors. Electric garage doors are famously installed in practically every second garage. Electric garage doors have been around since C.G Johnson invented them back in 1926. Electric garage doors use the same mechanics as the bomb detonators.
There are many benefits of electric garage doors over wooden garage doors. Some of these benefits are:
- Improved security: One of the biggest benefits of having an electric garage door is that they provide added security. They also tend to open and close right after you enter and exit so there isn’t a lot of work that you have to do on your part.
- Electric garage doors are also energy efficient. While garage doors do consume slight energy when being used, they do not consume any power when they are left idle.
- Electric garage doors also provide high protection from the weather. They function automatically so they protect you from the outside weather and are generally great in every sense of being protected.
Every individual has a garage door installed and when it comes to garage doors, the two most common types are electric and wooden garage doors. Both types differ with respective to their qualities, advantages, and disadvantages.